Terms and Conditions
- The minimum age is 16 years old. (Students of 14 and 15 years old may be accepted when they come as part of a group accompanied by a group leader)
- The maximum class size is 15
- Your course timetable will depend on your level and available space in the appropriate class.
- All lessons are 45 minutes long.
- Books and teaching materials are included in course fees.
- Cambridge exam fees are included in Cambridge preparation course fees.
- If you arrive late for a lesson you may not be allowed into class until the next lesson or at the discretion of the teacher.
- In order to receive the discount offered for long term courses all fees must be paid in advance.
- Any damage caused in a homestay or residence is the responsibility of the student
- Please do not smoke or chew gum in the school building.
- Please switch off your mobile phone when you are in class.
- If you are unable to attend any lesson, you should inform the Director of Studies or the Welfare Officer and give the reason for your absence from school. If you are in the UK on a student visa, you are required to attend at least 80% of your classes.
- If you wish to take a holiday, four weeks’ notice is required. A charge of £10 may be made.
- If you wish to change your host family, one week’s notice is required. If you wish to change accommodation where there is no complaint against a family, a charge of £20 may be made.
- Anglo European reserves the right to alter dates and fees without notice.
Cancellation and Curtailment
- On General English and exam preparation courses if you cancel your course less than four weeks before it is due to start, you may only be entitled to a refund of tuition and accommodation fees for the fifth week and beyond. If you shorten your course after it has begun, you must give four weeks’ notice.
- On Extended courses if you cancel your course less than four weeks before it is due to start, you may only be entitled to a refund of tuition fees for the eighth week and beyond.
- If you shorten your course after it has begun, you must give eight weeks notice.
- If you enter the UK on a student visa which you have obtained with a letter of invitation from Anglo European, you may not be entitled to a refund of tuition fees if you cancel or shorten your course.
- Fees cannot be transferred.
- Written warnings are issued for unreasonable absenteeism from school and misconduct.
- If you receive two written warnings you may be suspended or expelled from the school. In the case of gross misconduct you may be expelled without notice. No refund of fees will be made. Expulsion is immediate for stealing, drug use or drinking alcohol under the age of 18, or deliberate damage to school property.
- Courses start every Monday except when there is a bank (public) holiday, when the course starts on Tuesday.