1) They live____________ the other side of the road.
2) I should have asked her for a plan of the house. If I____________ I
would have found everything.
3) When my wife_____________ back tomorrow, she'll find everything
4) After____________ information without success, we bought a book
on the subject.
to ask for
5) He's___________his sister.
very taller than
too taller than
much taller than
much taller that
6) I like__________ two records.
7) He made me_____________.
that I got angry
to be angry
8) We usually have fine weather____________ summer.
9) ___________ of them understood him.
10) That's the firm_____________.
we've been dealing with
what we've been treating with
what we've been dealing with
we've been treating with
11) He isn't_______________ to reach the ceiling.
12) He'd done that before,_____________?
13) She let the children ___________ to play.
to go out
that they went out
14) I'm going to spend a few days with some__________ of mine, who
live in the north of Scotland.
15) I didn't write it. That isn't my_____________ on the cheque.
16) We arrived____________ England a week ago.
17) He paid_____________ in five-pound notes.
how much the car
the car for
for the car
18) The office is only_____________ from here.
at 100 yards away
at 100 yards far
about 100 yards far
about 100 yards away
19) We'll have to drive carefully______________ home.
on the way to
in the way
on the way
in the way to
20) I told them how to get here but perhaps I______________ them a
should have given
had to give
must have given
21) What a nuisance! I_____________ to all this trouble if I'd known
they weren't coming.
mustn't have gone
needn't have gone
didn't need to go
hadn't to go
22) He won the first_______________ in the competition.
23) Sixty per cent of television viewers chose him as their______________
24) It was dark in the tunnel so he______________ a match.
25) They_____________ on holiday in Switzerland and became good friends.
explained her I'd like